Wisconsin: It’s Wednesday Afternoon—Do You Know Where Your Governor Is?
Scott Walker Leaves Wisconsin to Rally with the Alt-Right in Florida
Governor Scott Walker has ditched Wisconsin yet again, this time to speak with a gathering of far-right activists in Florida. Let’s take a look at the illustrious company he will be keeping while he’s there:
- Criminal James O’Keefe who recently drew headlines for an attempted “sting” operation in which a woman lied to the Washington Post in an attempt to discredit victims of Roy Moore.
- Steve Bannon who has worked tirelessly to bring alt-right views into the mainstream of American political discourse – including backing Roy Moore for Senate after he was accused by multiple women of molesting them when they were teenagers
- Donald Trump Jr. who met with a Russian lawyer to get damaging information about Secretary Hillary Clinton
- Alt-right leader Sebastian Gorka who has ties to neo-Nazi groups
- Fox News host Jeanine Pirro who called for mass firings and arrests of law enforcement officers
- Notorious felon Dinesh D’Souza who violated federal campaign finance laws
The sponsor of this event, Turning Point USA, is best known for its McCarthy-esque attempts to silence free speech on college campuses.
“Today, Governor Walker is showing yet again that he’d rather chase national Republican stardom than solve the mess he’s created in Wisconsin,” said DGA Communications Director Jared Leopold. “Instead of working to improve Wisconsin’s schools, fix its crumbling infrastructure, or fill the state’s worker shortage, Walker is spending his time palling around with felons, alt-right extremists, conspiracy-mongers, and Nazi sympathizers. Wisconsin voters will remember Scott Walker’s warped priorities come November.”