Tudor Dixon’s 5 Most Dangerous, Harmful Positions
With the messy Michigan GOP primary for governor tomorrow, here’s five of Tudor Dixon’s most dangerous and harmful positions:
- Banning Abortion: Dixon supports banning abortion with no exceptions for rape or incest. She said the scenario of a 14-year-old girl being raped by her uncle is a “perfect example” of her radical stance and made outlandish comments saying that protecting access to abortion benefits child predators.
- Undermining Elections: Dixon has repeatedly backed false conspiracy theories and claimed that the 2020 election was rigged. She also refused to label the deadly January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol as an “insurrection.”
- Attacking Public Education: Dixon is all-in on Betsy DeVos’ harmful plan to change Michigan’s constitution to make it easier to strip $3.5 billion in funds from public schools.
- Fiscal Disasters and Cuts to Law Enforcement: Dixon wants to enact a radical tax scheme “as quickly as we possibly can” that would decimate Michigan’s state budget, which could lead to “devastating” cuts to law enforcement. The scheme could slash up to $500 million from state police, among other essential services like education and infrastructure.
- Conspiracies and Repeatedly Offensive Comments: Dixon has a long record of embracing bizarre conspiracy theories and making harmful and deeply divisive claims. As a far-right commentator, she called Hijabs oppressive, suggested Iranian women who marry without parental consent are being “murdered by their own family,” and excused a comedian’s use of Black face.
“Tudor Dixon’s dangerous agenda would strip away fundamental rights and undermine democracy,” said DGA Deputy Communications Director Sam Newton. “There’s a long list of reasons why Dixon is the wrong choice for governor — and any one of her stances, from banning abortion with no exceptions for rape or incest to backing Betsy DeVos’ scheme to slash education funding, is enough to put her on the wrong side of the most important issues impacting the lives of Michiganders.”