Tim Fox And Greg Gianforte Have The Same Goal As The ACA Lawsuit: To Strip Montanans Of Their Health Care
Yesterday, the Fifth Circuit ruled a portion of the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. This Trump-backed lawsuit is the Republican health care plan to rip away health care from millions of Americans. Here are some of the ways this lawsuit could have disastrous results for Montana:
- 85,200 Montanans who have gained coverage through Medicaid expansion could become uninsured.
- Insurance plans could refuse to cover 425,900 Montanans with a pre-existing condition.
- 112,000 Montanans could lose their health insurance, leading to a 177 percent increase in the uninsured rate.
- Insurance plans could be able to impose lifetime limits on coverage for those insured through their employer or on the individual market.
- Montana women could be charged more than men.
- Montanans over the age of 60 could face a $4,900 “age tax,” which could allow insurance plans to charge people over 60 more than young people.
- Insurance plans could no longer be required to cover prescription drugs and maternity care.
- Access to treatment for Montanans with a substance use disorder could be in jeopardy.
Republican Attorney General Tim Fox and Rep. Greg Gianforte support the same goal as the lawsuit: to overturn the Affordable Care Act. New Jersey Millionaire Greg Gianforte was caught on tape praising the AHCA to his East Coast lobbyist friends.
“Tim Fox and Greg Gianforte share the same health care plan: to gut coverage for Montanans with a pre-existing condition,” said DGA Communications Director David Turner. “Fox and Gianforte’s careers have been marked by their obsession with making quality, affordable health care out of reach for Montanans. Fox and Gianforte must explain why they want to strip health care from 112,000 Montanans.”