Ron DeSantis Promises Tim Michels Will Turn Wisconsin Into Florida With Dangerous MAGA Agenda
Proving yet again that he’s completely out-of-touch with Wisconsinites, Tim Michels attended the worst tailgate of all time with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — notorious for his cruel and self-serving political stunts — just before Sunday’s Packers-Bears game.
Here’s what people are saying about Michels bringing DeSantis to Wisconsin:
- Politico: “DeSantis hit the road Sunday, stumping for Republicans in Kansas and Wisconsin. And in both stops, either he or the candidates alongside him said they hoped to remake their state governments in Florida’s image under DeSantis.”
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: “[DeSantis predicted] Wisconsin would turn into [the] Sunshine State of the north if Tim Michels is elected governor in November … DeSantis’ speculations of major transformations under a Michels administration that would compare to his aggressive and controversial approach came as DeSantis is facing criticism over sending 50 migrants from Texas to the liberal enclave of Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts.”
- Wisconsin Public Radio: “DeSantis promised that Michels would follow his lead if elected in Wisconsin. ‘Everything we’ve done in Florida, you will be able to do in Wisconsin and then some,’ DeSantis said.”
- CNN: “Ahead of the rally in Wisconsin, Democratic Gov. Tony Evers panned Michels and DeSantis for holding a rally a couple miles from Lambeau Field just before the Green Bay Packers kicked off their home opener against the Chicago Bears.”
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Molly Beck: “Michels says he will sign election bills vetoed by Gov. Tony Evers. Gives shoutout to Tim Ramthun, who ran against Michels in the GOP primary on the platform of overturning the 2020 election. Michels has said he would consider decertifying the election result, which is impossible.”
Side note: Nothing says “in touch with Wisconsin” like wearing suits and ties to the Packers game.