Montana GOP Commits Election Fraud In Desperate Attempt To Bolster Greg Gianforte’s Chances
Yesterday, reporting revealed that the Montana GOP was behind the effort to qualify the Green Party for Montana’s 2020 elections. Establishment Republicans in Montana are so terrified that their likely nominee, Greg Gianforte, will lose in November that they’ve resorted to election fraud.
They have good reason for concern.
Montana political analyst Lee Banville has said that Gianforte’s poll numbers indicate he is a “polarizing figure” in the state, boding ill for his run for governor. A recent University of Montana poll showed that only 37% of the state feels that Gianforte has done a good job in Congress. In fact, Gianforte is significantly less popular than Gov. Steve Bullock and every other member of the Montana federal delegation.
Here are a few reasons the Montana GOP is running scared:
- And he stayed silent as the proposed federal budget was set to cut $223 million from a program which generates over $16 million in the state and supports nearly 200 good-paying Montana jobs.
- Gianforte voted for tax cuts for the wealthiest 1% of Americans, like him, while exploding the deficit by $1.5 trillion. He also supported a sales tax calling it an “ideal solution” despite widespread opposition.
- Gianforte bought up large tracts of land outside Bozeman and sued to block access to fishing grounds traditionally enjoyed by Montanans.
- Gianforte also opposed Medicaid expansion which provides critical services to nearly 100,000 Montanans.
- He supports repealing the Affordable Care Act, which could lead to nearly 150,000 Montanans losing health coverage.
“The Montana GOP has so little faith in their likely nominee that they spent $100,000 to commit election fraud,” said DGA National Press Secretary Jerusalem Demsas. “Greg Gianforte has voted against working people on health care, on jobs, and on taxes. Montanans won’t vote for an out-of-state multi-millionaire with a history of blocking access to public lands and the Republican establishment knows it.”