Can you donate now to join our fight?
We just launched the Power to Appoint Fund to highlight the important role Dem Govs play to ensure integrity in our country’s judicial process and protect fundamental freedoms. Your support will ensure we can make crucial investments in key states and protect our democracy. Please don’t wait: rush your gift to elect Democratic governors! >>>
Lt. Gov. Mike Cooney, Building On Strong Economic Track Record, Unveils “Keep Montana Working,” Jobs Plan
Yesterday, Democratic gubernatorial nominee Lt. Gov. Mike Cooney rolled out his plan to keep Montana working. Cooney’s “Keep Montana Working” plan would prioritize Montana businesses in state contracting, allocate resources to both rural and urban economies, continue to invest in apprenticeship and workforce training efforts, and empower Montana women in the workforce. Read the statewide coverage below:
- Great Falls Tribune: Cooney Unveils Plan To “Keep Montana Working”
- Missoulian: Lt. Gov. Mike Cooney announces plan to “Keep Montana Working,” support long-term business growth
- Missoula Current: Cooney releases economic plan: clean energy jobs, workforce training, buy Montana
- NBC Montana: Gubernatorial candidate Cooney announces Keep Montana Working plan
- KTVH: Dem gov candidate Cooney releases economic plan
- KFBB: Democratic candidate for governor, Mike Cooney releases plan to ‘Keep Montana Working’
- Montana Public Radio: Gubernatorial Candidate Mike Cooney Releases Economic Plan
Former Democratic gubernatorial candidate and businesswoman Whitney Williams endorsed Cooney’s plan saying, “Mike’s proposals to boost our economy and strengthen Montana families, workers, and businesses are what’s needed now to bounce back from this virus.” Meanwhile Cooney’s opponent, Republican gubernatorial nominee Greg Gianforte, spent the last few weeks supporting policies that would undermine nearly 100,000 Montana jobs.
“As Montana’s lieutenant governor, Mike Cooney helped Montana build a strong, resilient economy,” said DGA National Press Secretary Jerusalem Demsas. “Cooney’s Keep Montana Working plan is the best path forward for Montana’s workers and businesses to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.”