Can you donate now to join our fight?
We just launched the Power to Appoint Fund to highlight the important role Dem Govs play to ensure integrity in our country’s judicial process and protect fundamental freedoms. Your support will ensure we can make crucial investments in key states and protect our democracy. Please don’t wait: rush your gift to elect Democratic governors! >>>
Gov. Jared Polis Delivers Cost Savings, Big Solutions in Annual State of the State Address
In his annual State of the State address yesterday, Gov. Jared Polis highlighted his plan to tackle the challenges Colorado faces by fighting climate change, lowering costs, supporting law enforcement, and ending the pandemic.
Here’s what people are saying about Gov. Polis’ address:
- Associated Press: “The Democratic governor told lawmakers his administration is seeking to make record investments in K-12 education — a longtime Polis priority — tackle climate change, curb the costs of doing business and bolster the health care system to address mental health challenges and the strain on health care workers and systems posed by the pandemic.”
- KUNC: “He said his top priority this session would be to save Coloradans money and make the state more affordable. He also vowed to make Colorado among the top 10 safest states in the nation over the next five years.”
- Colorado Politics: “Polis, who is in the final year of his term and is seeking reelection, pledged to cut taxes, reduce or waive fees, and eliminate government-imposed financial barriers to starting a business.”
- Colorado Public Radio: “In Gov. Jared Polis’ state of the state address on Thursday, he asked for a standing ovation for law enforcement, saying, ‘today, let us stand up for you.’ He then pledged more resources for training and recruiting efforts and mental health support.”
- The Colorado Sun: “Polis often injects his nerdy humor into his speeches, and his 2022 State of the State address was no exception. He referenced Star Trek by giving a shout out to certain Democratic lawmakers whose work, he said, will help communities ‘live long and prosper.’”
“Under Gov. Jared Polis’ leadership, Colorado has reduced taxes, made historic investments in public education, and expanded access to health care,” said DGA Senior Communications Advisor Christina Amestoy. “Gov. Polis has delivered for Colorado throughout his term, and his ambitious agenda shows he’s ready to build on that progress this year.”