The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking a Compliance Assistant for the 2016 election cycle. This individual will provide support to DGA’s Compliance and Administrative Department while also assisting across the entire organization.
- Create and manage multiple reporting schedules for 20-30 unique organizations (depending on cycle) that file with the FEC, IRS, and/or individual state reporting bodies;
- Proactively prioritize and prepare disclosure reports for internal and legal review/approval well before required deadlines;
- Manage contribution and expenditure data entry for accounting and reporting databases across dozens of revenue streams and bank accounts;
- Collaborate with DGA’s Legal and Accounting teams to reconcile contribution and expenditure data on a monthly schedule and/or as required for reporting schedules;
- Assist in preparation of financial analytics for finance and executive management departments;
- Assist in budget reconciliation process and prepare budget and cash flow reports for executive management;
- Assist with contribution processing on a daily basis;
- Help with other special projects, assignments, and tasks as assigned by the Operations Director, Chief Operating Officer and/or DGA’s Legal Counsel.
- At least one election cycle of experience working in a compliance/administrative role;
- Extremely strong attention to detail;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, etc;
- Strong verbal and written intra-office communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently and autonomously;
- Ability to exercise independent judgement to proactively solve compliance and reporting issues;
- Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons;
- Excellent punctuality and attendance;
- At minimum, a full commitment through the end of the 2016 calendar year.
- Strong proficiency using the Internet as a research tool;
- Ability to learn new computer software quickly and teach others;
- NGP/VAN experience is a plus;
- Experience receiving and standardizing large sets of data;
- Strong commitment to social justice and Democratic principles;
- Strong interest in current events and national/state/local campaigns, and politics.
The position is based in downtown Washington, DC and comes with full health care benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience with an expected start date of April 1, 2016. Advancement opportunities may exist for those who excel in this position.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please write in the subject line: Compliance Assistant. No calls, please.
Campaign 2016 Jobs
The DGA will be helping place staff on our twelve gubernatorial races throughout the year. If you are interested in helping elect the next wave of Democratic leaders this year, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DGA Internship Program
The Democratic Governors Association is committed to electing and assisting Democratic governors across the nation. The DGA is looking for energetic, hardworking individuals with a passion for politics and a desire to move the country forward.
An internship with the DGA will provide students with an inside-look on gubernatorial campaigns and an opportunity to see, firsthand, why governors matter.
DGA interns gain invaluable political, policy, and fundraising experience by completing a wide variety tasks and projects, including:
- Media monitoring
- Writing memos and political briefings
- Assisting with fundraising events on behalf of Democratic governors and gubernatorial candidates
- Assisting in the production of DGA promotional materials
- Providing essential support to the DGA staff.
The DGA Internship Program will be offered on three different schedules:
- Spring Session: January – Mid May
- Summer Session: Late May-Mid August
- Fall Session: Late August- December
Rolling Application Deadline: Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 applications are open – decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Financial Information: DGA interns are provided with a stipend.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com