As the only organization dedicated to electing Democratic governors and candidates, the DGA participates at all levels of campaigns, from providing resources to fund operations to helping articulate and deliver their messages. The DGA also provides expert advice in policy areas to Democratic governors and candidates, with several policy conferences a year on topics such as biotechnology and life sciences and the new energy economy.
Responsibilities of the Creative Assistant include:
- Collaborate with DGA Leadership to implement design decisions for the committee for digital and print properties
- Create digital graphics and branded collateral to support all departments of the DGA
- Assist in photography selection and file maintenance for graphics
- Design social media campaigns, and support digital initiatives
- Design print material for donor proposals
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills, as well as written and verbal communications skills;
- A solid creative portfolio that features typography work and creative branding projects
- Advanced Adobe skills
- The ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines;
- Experience working (or interning) on political campaigns, political consulting firms, elected officials, campaign committees or progressive organizations.
- An interest in politics and a commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic governors.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Democratic Governors Association is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Campaign 2016 Jobs
The DGA will be helping place staff on our twelve gubernatorial races throughout the year. If you are interested in helping elect the next wave of Democratic leaders this year, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DGA Internship Program
The Democratic Governors Association is committed to electing and assisting Democratic governors across the nation. The DGA is looking for energetic, hardworking individuals with a passion for politics and a desire to move the country forward.
An internship with the DGA will provide students with an inside-look on gubernatorial campaigns and an opportunity to see, firsthand, why governors matter.
DGA interns gain invaluable political, policy, and fundraising experience by completing a wide variety tasks and projects, including:
- Media monitoring
- Writing memos and political briefings
- Assisting with fundraising events on behalf of Democratic governors and gubernatorial candidates
- Assisting in the production of DGA promotional materials
- Providing essential support to the DGA staff.
The DGA Internship Program will be offered on three different schedules:
- Spring Session: January – Mid May
- Summer Session: Late May-Mid August
- Fall Session: Late August- December
Rolling Application Deadline: Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 applications are open – decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Financial Information: DGA interns are provided with a stipend.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com