Campaign 2012 Jobs
The DGA will be helping place staff on our twelve gubernatorial races throughout the year. If you are interested in helping elect the next wave of Democratic leaders this year, please send your resume and cover letter to Jordan Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intern at the DGA
The Democratic Governors’ Association (DGA) is an independent, non-profit political organization. The DGA’s purpose is to assist in the election and re-election of Democratic Governors as well as to provide policy background to the nation’s Democratic Governors.
The DGA works closely with the state and Washington, D.C. offices of the governors, and national Democrats.
An internship at DGA will allow interested individuals to obtain practical political, policy, and fundraising experience. Interns complete a wide variety of tasks and large-scale projects, including but not limited to GOTV, targeting, and political/donor research.
- Researching initiatives of the Democratic governors, and making contact with gubernatorial campaigns;
- Investigating prospective corporate and individual members of the DGA;
- Obtaining news articles and information from the Internet and other media sources pertaining to the political landscape of various states;
- Developing media and member prospect lists;
- Assisting in the organization of Washington, D.C. events on behalf of Democratic governors and gubernatorial candidates;
- Assisting in the production of materials distributed at DGA meetings; and
- Providing essential support to the DGA staff.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Access;
- Professional Attitude and attention to detail;
- Reliable students who are highly organized, self-motivated, have an interest in politics
- Ability to be very flexible, detail oriented, work well under pressure, and maintain a good sense of humor.
The deadline for Summer 2013 internships is March 31st, 2013. Please send a resume and cover letter to Donna Tappin at email@example.com.