The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant for the 2015-2016 election cycles. This individual will provide support to DGA’s Administrative Department while also assisting across the entire organization.
- Respectfully greet DGA guests and promptly notify appropriate staff of guest arrival;
- Answers, screens, and facilitates all incoming calls on the office’s main phone line;
- Receive mail daily and distribute to staff;
- Signs for deliveries and forwards all materials delivered to the office to appropriate staff in a timely manner;
- Assist with regular weekly tasks such as ordering supplies and keeping items in stock;
- Reserving conference rooms and call lines while coordinating schedules with other staff and departments;
- Prepare materials for meetings and conferences;
- Assist with data entry for compliance responsibilities;
- Help with other special projects, assignments, and tasks as assigned by the Operations Director and/or Chief Operating Officer.
- Strong verbal and written intra-office communication skills;
- Ability to cooperate and effectively communicate with a diverse staff, donors, and allied organizations;
- Ability to work efficiently and autonomously;
- Ability to exercise independent judgement to solve operational problems;
- Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons;
- Strong commitment to social justice and Democratic principles;
- Strong interest in current events and national/state/local campaigns and politics;
- Excellent punctuality and attendance.
- Bilingual and/or multilingual communication skills;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc;
- Strong proficiency using the Internet as a research tool;
- Ability to learn new computer software quickly and teach others;
The position is based in downtown Washington, DC and comes with full health care benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience with an expected start date of October 1, 2015. Advancement opportunities may exist for those who excel in this position.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, August 28th. Please write in the subject line: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. No calls, please.
The DGA is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Campaign 2016 Jobs
The DGA will be helping place staff on our twelve gubernatorial races throughout the year. If you are interested in helping elect the next wave of Democratic leaders this year, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DGA Internship Program
The Democratic Governors Association is committed to electing and assisting Democratic governors across the nation. The DGA is looking for energetic, hardworking individuals with a passion for politics and a desire to move the country forward.
An internship with the DGA will provide students with an inside-look on gubernatorial campaigns and an opportunity to see, firsthand, why governors matter.
DGA interns gain invaluable political, policy, and fundraising experience by completing a wide variety tasks and projects, including:
- Media monitoring
- Writing memos and political briefings
- Assisting with fundraising events on behalf of Democratic governors and gubernatorial candidates
- Assisting in the production of DGA promotional materials
- Providing essential support to the DGA staff.
The DGA Internship Program will be offered on three different schedules:
- Spring Session: January – Mid May
- Summer Session: Late May-Mid August
- Fall Session: Late August- December
Rolling Application Deadline: Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 applications are open – decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Financial Information: DGA interns are provided with a stipend.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org