The Democratic Governors Association is seeking a Digital Director. The Digital Director will manage a team of consultants and in-house staff to foster support for the DGA among grassroots donors. He or she will report directly to senior leadership and will be responsible for meeting the DGA’s ambitious goals for the 2014 election cycle.
• Lead a team tasked with managing the Email marketing program including production, scheduling, and oversight of outgoing communications.
• Grow the Email list through paid online advertising and organic list growth.
• Perform ongoing analysis of fundraising efforts, optimizing towards higher program efficiency and reporting progress regularly to senior staff.
• Communicate the goals of the digital program across every department in the organization (Communications, Finance, Operations, etc.)
• Oversee direct mail and telemarketing operations.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience managing large-scale online fundraising operations, ideally for Democratic political campaigns and/or political committees.
• Familiarity with online advertising platforms such as Google and Facebook.
• Experience writing for direct response, including email and ad writing.
• Demonstrated interest and commitment to progressive causes.
• Familiarity with direct mail and telemarketing is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Democratic Governors Association is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Campaign 2014 Jobs
The DGA will be helping place staff on our twelve gubernatorial races throughout the year. If you are interested in helping elect the next wave of Democratic leaders this year, please send your resume and cover letter to Jordan Wilson at email@example.com.
DGA Internship Program
The Democratic Governors Association is committed to electing and assisting Democratic governors across the nation. The DGA is looking for energetic, hardworking individuals with a passion for politics and a desire to move the country forward.
An internship with the DGA will provide students with an inside-look on gubernatorial campaigns and an opportunity to see, firsthand, why governors matter.
DGA interns gain invaluable political, policy, and fundraising experience by completing a wide variety tasks and projects, including:
- Media monitoring
- Writing memos and political briefings
- Assisting with fundraising events on behalf of Democratic governors and gubernatorial candidates
- Assisting in the production of DGA promotional materials
- Providing essential support to the DGA staff.
The DGA Internship Program will be offered on three different schedules:
- Spring Session: January – Mid May
- Summer Session: Late May-Mid August
- Fall Session: Late August- December
Rolling Application Deadline: Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 applications are open – decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Financial Information: DGA interns are provided with a stipend.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org